‘Protect Yourself From the Freedom Foundation’ Citations
Our research has also uncovered that the Freedom Foundation hired a convicted felon to oversee its canvass operations. In light of this fact the Freedom Foundation continues to have this person on their staff.
- Hayward was charged with felony “residential burglary” and second degree assault “with a deadly weapon” and sentenced to Thurston County jail in 2000. SOURCE: Thurston County Court No. 00-1-614-8.
- According to Olympia Police Department Report 2000-03328, the victim told police Hayward and others kicked the door down and then attacked him with a “baseball bat” and a “metal pipe.” The victim’s written statement says he was “hit and kicked at least 40 times” by Hayward and others. SOURCE: Olympia Police Department Report 2000-03328.
- Hayward told police “he wanted to kill [the victim].” SOURCE: Olympia Police Department Report 2000-03328
- According to Lacey Police Department Report 2001-5708, Hayward was reported “busting Jesse’s garage windows out so my mom and I left the garage to get out of there because we were real scared.” Hayward then “put there (sic) foot through the windshield while we were in [the car]” according to a Lacey Police Department report. The victim “stated she feared for her and her [daughter’s] lives.” SOURCE: Lacey PD Report 2001-5708
- Hayward was released from court supervision and probation just 5 years ago, in 2011. SOURCE: Superior Court of the State of Washington, County of Thurston 12-2-02669-3https://www.freedomfoundation.com/user/37/matthew-hayward